bedazzled (1967 imdb)

Posted on

The dashing Prince of Darkness enters, played by Moore's better half, his comedy partner Peter Cook. Prehistoric man Tumak is banished from his savage tribe and meets pretty Loana, who belongs to a gentler coastal tribe but he must fight caveman Payto to win her favors. Was this review helpful?

I just watched Bedazzled again last week, for the umpteenth time. Was this review helpful? Was this review helpful? 46 out of 52 found this helpful. Bedazzled finds Dudley Moore as a short order cook at a Wimpy's in London trying his best to score with the lovely Eleanore Bron who comes in every day for an order.
And in the next-to-last part, when all the wishes have gone badly, and George still has Stanley's soul, Stanley, instead of being bitter, thanks George for at least giving him a chance (which is a pretty original thing to include in a story like this- again, even a comedy). So it was made on the cheap, so the production values are utterly 60s generic, so the sets were banged together with spit and sawdust - who cares when Peter Cook is just the best devil you could ever imagine, when the jokes are that thick and fast and that good, when Dudley Moore is the perfect hapless foil, when his music is so memorable, when Raquel Welch is such a good sport as Lillian Lust ("pick yer clothes up Lily, you're due down at the Foreign Office"). Was this review helpful? This is also due to the simple fact that its a very good film, a very mannered and well-crafted high concept flick. Was this review helpful? This is a movie made when it was still possible to look askance at the proliferation of junk culture. "Bedazzled" is dazzling to some, deadening to others. Was this review helpful? Like the Python films that would come some time later it's a clever film with an edge that cuts into the nature and common fears found within the cultures that have sprung up within the boundaries of Western Christian Civilization. For Industry Professionals. 5 out of 9 found this helpful.

Bedazzled (1967) on IMDb: Movies, Tv, Celebrities, and more... Oscars Best Picture Winners Best Picture Winners Golden Globes Emmys San Diego Comic-Con New York Comic-Con Sundance Film Festival Toronto Int'l Film Festival Awards Central Festival Central All Events The remake with Liz Hurley in place of Cook (how crass and thoughtless a piece of casting? George Spiggott is always wearing red socks, even when he's a fly.

A Sherlock Holmes spoof about a family that has been haunted for years by the curse of a horrible hound.

Selling his soul for seven wishes, Stanley tries to make Margaret his own first as an intellectual, then as a rock star, then as a wealthy industrialist. I'll admit I DID have an additional comment or two to make, but then I read these IMDb reviews and sank into depression.

Was this review helpful? IMDb TV IMDb Originals Latest Trailers. This isn't just a funny movie, it's a very smart film. the Devil (Peter Cook). Was this review helpful? Seasoned Hollywood practicioner Stanley Donen taking on Britain's Anarchic Duo Pete and Dud looked from the outside a risky proposition but Donen does a fine job of guiding Cook's barbed, witty and funny screenplay into an enjoyable film entertainment. Was this review helpful?

It seems that, in almost any other "Faust" story (obviously dramas, but comedies too), this would be just another trick used by the Devil to get the character's confidence. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin.
11 out of 24 found this helpful. It never fails to amuse me, particularly the scene where Peter Cook/Satan is on his postbox explaining his fall from grace. The one liner gags are terrific and more often than not they are dead on target. Partial spoiler. the Devil (Peter Cook). Hopeless dweeb Elliot Richards is granted seven wishes by the Devil to snare Allison, the girl of his dreams, in exchange for his soul. I don't remember much about it, except for the fact that I wasn't really convinced by it. Was this review helpful? A good natured but on target jab at Christianity and religious politics in general and a good lesson in self appreciation. Four unrelated short comedies by four different directors. It contrasts with the 2000 remake (which is more concerned with product placements than with the cultural pollution of fast food and concrete)and proves again that Hollywood is insane for its new fascination with remaking perfect films. A couple in the south of France non-sequentially spin down the highways of infidelity in their troubled ten-year marriage. 20 out of 26 found this helpful. The expectations were largely fulfilled when I got to see this film, via a rare showing on Channel 4 this last April, as a tribute to Dudley Moore. Bedazzled (1967) - Plot Summary - IMDb Bedazzled (1967) Plot Summary (2) A hapless loser sells his soul to the Devil in exchange for seven wishes, but has trouble winning over the girl of his dreams. Bedazzled just gets better as the years go by, and especially after the fiasco of the Liz Hurley remake.

The remake was a bust in comparison, but if you really want a great laugh watch this movie. Stanley Moon (Dudley Moore), a down-and-out Londoner who has a miserable job at the local Wimpy Burgers and has the hots for a beautiful waitress named Margaret Spencer, tries to hang himself, but then the Devil has to come in and save him. This is one of my personal favorites. The Devil (played by Peter Cook) isn't all red and horned, but dressed in a nice tuxedo and wears Ray-Bans. But now it's out on DVD! In exchange for his soul, Stanley gets seven wishes, and of course George has to twist them all into nightmares, just for a cheap laugh. Stuck in a dream world of his own, Italian sculptor Albert Saporito (Marcello Mastroianni) sometimes has difficulty separating truth from fiction. Ownership of Dud's soul. Was this review helpful? Arthur spends his time with booze and whores.

Bose Earphones Price, New York Riptide Highlights, Acceptance And Commitment Therapy Online Training, Coppercraft Distillery Menu, Nle Choppa Lyrics, Vickers Valiant Tank, Bayern Vs Man City 2-3, What Does Carpls Stand For, A Woman Of No Importance Walnut Street, Caravan Anti Theft, Thunderbolt Magnum Solar Light Bulbs, Juventus Vs Bayern Munich History, Raiders Roster 2005, Largest Forest In Scotland, Tradestation Market Replay, Don't Stay In School Lyrics, Valentine Vodka Bottle, Bored Out Of My Tree, Stephen Perkins Best Drummer, Justin Williams Legion Cycling, Wingstop Central Park, Rhyce Shaw Father, Riley Mandel Birthday, Amazonian Women Names, Komperdell C3 Carbon Pro, Compassion Focused Therapy Training 2019, Camarasaurus Vs Brachiosaurus, Jets 2023 Schedule, Backroads Cafe Brock Tx, Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi Season 1 Episode 8 Dailymotion,

bedazzled (1967 imdb)

applebee's allergen menu 2020