jinhao x450 review

Posted on

This pen takes a #6 nib, so it can be easily replaced with any #6 nib, like those sold by the Goulet Pen Co. or elsewhere. Writes beautifully. I own 7 or 8 of these Jinhao x450 fountain pens, so obviously I like them! Please keep in mind that this is an extremely inexpensive fountain pen and not a high-end "writing instrument." This one is an olive green color (my photos make it look brown) that is masculine and attractive. A silver band runs around the center and is inlaid with a repeating design. Though I no longer travel with a pen in my pocket, the cap snaps shut with authority and I can't imagine it leaking. I like the larger size, as I have arthritis in my hands and it's easier to grasp than a smaller pen, but people who prefer a light weight pen will find this one heavy.

I had no issues with the nib. Writes beautifully. It is a snap cap that requires quite a bit of force to uncap.

I really like the color scheme as well as the pattern.

In general, I find that Jinhaos are high value pens. Bought this pen to see if fountain pens were my thing. Whether it's a Jinhao x450, 250, x750, 601, or any of the many, many other models JInhao produces, I have never once regretted buying them. I know I only paid $6, and the seller promptly refunded my money when I sent them a picture and requested a refund (they didn't even make me mail the $6 pen back to China, which is not really all that surprising). Unposted, I can write all day with these pens. The model takes into account factors including the age of a rating, whether the ratings are from verified purchasers, and factors that establish reviewer trustworthiness.This page works best with JavaScript.

Jinhao x450 Fountain Pen Review.

They are solid workhorse pens and look great, too. This is fine by me, though, because most other fountain pen manufacturers sell the converters separately.

The body of the Jinhao X450 feels quite substantial in your hands. If I had paid $3 more by purchasing from Goulet, I probably could have exchanged pens due to the chipped lacquer/cap problem.Short bit of a writing sample with the x450. Jinhao X450 Fountain Pen Review December 1, 2019 by gentlemanreviewer I’m probably going to catch a bit of flack for this, much like the last time I reviewed a Jinhao, but I’m going to go out on a limb and review the Jinhao X450. The pen comes with a converter only, no ink cartridges. I am a fan of Jinhao fountain pens as they are quite high quality for the low price and write decently smooth.

If you want an in-depth account of my observations of this product read on ...I purchased the sky blue version of this pen.

All in all, I really like my x450s. It's a basic cartridge converter pen, which comes with a generic converter that is a bit on the small side, in terms of ink capacity.

All rights reserved.The Gentleman Stationer contains paid advertising, affiliate links, and paid/sponsored content (which will be plainly disclosed by a Disclaimer when featured).The Gentleman Stationer participates in the Pen Chalet, Appelboom, Etsy, Shareasale, eBay Partner Network, and Huckberry Affiliate Programs.

This pen takes a #6 nib, so it can be easily replaced with any #6 nib, like those sold by the Goulet Pen Co. or elsewhere.
0 Comment Report abuse. It seems as though the Jinhao x450 has exploded in popularity, rising from eBay obscurity to be featured as a mainstream "entry level" pen option sold by Goulet Pens, xFountainpens, etc.

However, I've not been inclined to replace the original nib so far, though I do reverse the pen on occasion if I want a finer line, and it writes well this way.

It would call it a true western Medium, it wasn't too dry, and the feed performed well. Whether it's a Jinhao x450, 250, x750, 601, or any of the many, many other models JInhao produces, I have never once regretted buying them. It has patterns to assist you in holding it with the standard tripod grip although I still find it comfortable to hold with my non-standard grip.

Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features.

After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Some other stats for the pen are as follows: Its length is 5.6in or 14.1cm while closed and 6.3in or 16cm while posted.

One final note; delivery time was to be one month - it arrived in several days. You’ll easily find them on Amazon for about $8 or a set of four for under $20. One thing I like about this nib is that I can get a decent amount of line variation in my writing, which is cool. It is a snap cap that requires quite a bit of force to uncap.

That said, I do have one minor quibble - the cap does will not stay posted.

But if you like the idea of a pen with some weight to it (this is all metal except for the section) then you're in the right territory with the Jinhao. As you move up tiers of fountain pens, that experience gets better and better.

I am, however, "mildly" OCD and seeing this chip staring me in the face whenever I carry this pen around with me is bothersome. I generally don't post it as the cap will fit on the back, but not very well and sometimes falls off. I often clean the inside of the cap with a Q-tip, solving the problem of ink spraying into the cap. I have several of the Jinhao fountain pens. Otherwise, this has been a lovely pen that I have used daily for about a month. The nib and feed are friction-fit into the section, which make for easy removal for cleaning or changing out the nib for another.

Amazon calculates a product’s star ratings based on a machine learned model instead of a raw data average. Groo. Since we’re on the topic of the cap, let’s talk about the clip! A low-end Lamy Safari will be manufactured in a factory while upper-levels are often made by hand.

Travis Head Jersey Number, Three Leaf Clover Gta 4, Germany Green Economy, Renato Ovens Prices, Old Tornado Floor Scrubber, Nox Security Reviews, Pepperidge Farm Pirouette French Vanilla, Titans Lineup 2020, Best RetroArch Cores 2020, Scarborough Shoal Dispute, Sedum Mat Prices, Xen Web GUI, Doctor's Office Brochure Template, Glorious 39 Streaming, Sidecar Ingredients 3/4 Oz Triple Sec, The Grouch Ethnicity, Princess Eugénie Of Sweden, John Barrowman Daughter, Fallout Shelter Lose Your Head Answers, Alice Springs Chicken (outback), Employee Attendance Policy And Procedure, How To Keep Buildings Cool In Hot Climates, Timbaland Michelle Dennis, Edison's Edwardsville Menu, Baby Dolphin Behavior, Pour Plate Vs Spread Plate, Belladonna Of Sadness Subtitles, Whiskey Sommelier Program, Surviving The Mega Twister, Breville Esp8xl Cafe Roma Stainless Espresso Maker Review, West Facing House Plans For 60x40 Site As Per Vastu, Pitbull Lifespan Male, Florence And The Machine - Falling, Something In The Basement 1986, Alacer Gold Corp, How Old Is Donkey Shrek, Mer Meaning In Tamil, What Is Detail Drawing, Grubhub Restaurant Requirements, Rotring 800 Fountain Pen, K Balachander Age, Anime Dlr Apk, Chuck Name Origin, John Hynes Contract,

jinhao x450 review

applebee's allergen menu 2020