jeff lorber eleven

Posted on

No co-written tunes and several rehashes of old tunes. Page 1 of 1 Start over Page 1 of 1 . Awesome album with a killer lineup.

Further evidence that Mike Stern can play anything with anyone at any time.

That Philly soul thing is definitely in some of his tunes on this record.”As for the stigma attached to so-called ‘smooth jazz’, Lorber believes that was more a marketing term than a musical category. Overall though it’s a worthwhile CD. Ti preghiamo di riprovareSiamo spiacenti, ma non è stato possibile registrare il voto. “I’ve been a fan of his for a long time,” said the keyboardist, who was touring hard in support of his hit records Wizard Island and It’s a Fact in those analog days.
We work hard to protect your security and privacy. And I think we really hit it off musically as well as personally.”Said Stern of his main collaborator on Eleven, “When the idea was floated for this project, I asked a bunch of cats who worked with Jeff, like Randy Brecker, Dave Weckl and Bob Franceschini, and they all said, ‘He’s cool, he throws down, he can really get it going.’ And they’re right.

Scegli tra gli oltre 8.500 punti di ritiro in Italia Ti preghiamo di riprovareSiamo spiacenti, ma non è stato possibile registrare il voto. “I guess the Venn diagram of my music intersects with some of those characteristics of smooth jazz, but my music has always been melodic, it’s always been funky and I definitely try to keep an attention to soloing.

This item: Eleven by Mike Stern & Jeff Lorber Fusion Audio CD $11.99. As a true Jeff Lorber fan.

Not so much so on Eleven; the two take turns playing ‘Mike Stern’ type songs and ‘Jeff Lorber’ type songs. The driving Lorber-Haslip number “Rhumba Pagan,” fueled by drummer Vinnie Colaiuta, features a choir of wordless vocals from Stern, Haslip and Chelsea Maull while Lorber’s intricate 6/8 closer “Runner,” has the keyboardist soloing tastefully on piano and the guitarist cranking his axe to Eleven.“This project was a joy to work on for many reasons, but I most enjoyed the collaborative effort in this work with Jeff and Mike,” said Haslip. And I feel like his music really comes more from soul music than smooth jazz. As a pro musician and a fan of these guys for many decades I was a little disappointed, I hoped for the best each had to offer but came away feeling it was a project that got hustled through.

Ci dispiace. Anche terzi autorizzati utilizzano queste tecnologie in relazione alla nostra visualizzazione di annunci pubblicitari.Questo articolo è acquistabile con il Bonus Cultura

He’s just a bebop wizard, he’s got an incredible jazz feeling. Eleven is released on 27 September.

Ti preghiamo di riprovareSiamo spiacenti, ma non è stato possibile registrare il voto. “For me, as a co-producer, it was the kind of creative and experimental experience I look forward to. Often beautiful, often inspiring, at times jaw-dropping. Amazon calculates a product’s star ratings based on a machine learned model instead of a raw data average.

He’s a lot jazzier in terms of his phrasing. Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Two of America's finest soloists with brilliant rhythm section. “I was doing my music way before there was the term ‘smooth jazz.” he said. 8 In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.

With assitional playing, the disc seems to be better. United Kingdom I love only 2 tracks on the album due to a genre preference for contemporary or smooth jazz which I thought this was going to be having seen Jeff Lorber's name.

Il nostro sistema di protezione dei pagamenti crittografa i tuoi dati durante la trasmissione. What a force in the musical universe, whose positive energy and musicality can felt all over this record.

Overall though it’s a worthwhile CD.

SAT-SUN 10/24 – 25/20 Charlotte, NC Middle C Jazz Club 300 S Brevard Street Charlotte, NC 28202 Jeff Lorber Fusion trio featuring Jimmy Haslip.

There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists.

Al momento, è presente un problema nel caricamento di questo menu.Si è verificato un problema durante il salvataggio delle preferenze relative ai cookie. Ti preghiamo di riprovareSiamo spiacenti, ma non è stato possibile registrare il voto.

“The way I’m conceiving this is we’re going to stretch a lot live with much longer solos,” said Stern.

He’s kind of amazing at the kind of more produced, almost pop approach to making a record. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

Pressure Wretch 32 Lyrics, Nle Choppa Kids, Mr Coffee Cafe Barista Portafilter Size, I-d Magazine Covers, Nelly Air Force Ones Meme, Rams Ticket Prices, Rí Rá Irish Pub Atlanta Ga, Happy Planner Bullet Journal, How To Install Funimation On Firestick, Occupy Wall Street 99, Colorado Weather Year Round, Sierra Leone Independence Flag, Fresh Out The Box Food Truck, Kurupt Fm Monday Is The Day That We Roll Lyrics, Fc Porto U19 Red Bull Salzburg U19, Liverpool At Night, The Fugitives (1986 Watch Online), Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi Season 1 Episode 8 Dailymotion, Nfl Chargers Face Mask, Mexico City Arena, The Red Arrows A Year In The Sky Narrator, Raiders Roster 2005, Shaun Monson Beings, Love Part One Dexys Midnight Runners, Rádio Blaník Pisnicky Na Prani, Sam Wheat Movies, Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit Restaurants, Nba Re-draft 2016, How Did Humans Survive The Dinosaur Extinction, Http Www Watchdub Co, The Fleet Hotel Temple Bar4,2(633)0,1 Km Away€100, Truth Seekers 2020 Release Date, Bread Poster Design, Anime Merch Clothing, Mederma Scar Cream Walmart, Papu Gómez Height In Feet, Walking Stick Cane, Man City Vs Dortmund 7-8, Indonesian National Revolution Key People, Metu Summer School 2020, Illusions The Drag Queen Show Baltimore, Lowell High School Faculty, Edward Elric Automail Arm Cosplay For Sale,

jeff lorber eleven

applebee's allergen menu 2020